Servant Camp is a great way to spend a week of your summer! It’s a 6 day overnight camp less than an hour from the Twin Cities, set in a beautiful piece of woodsy countryside.
Servant Camp is for children entering 1st to 12th grades:
- 1st and 2nd graders can join our Ponies program, which offers a Servant Camp experience for 3 afternoons
- 3rd through 10th graders experience overnight camp and stay in platform tents and cabins
- 11th and 12th graders can join our Junior Staff program and learn leadership skills as junior counselors.
Here are some of the activities that all campers can experience at Servant Camp:
This special program is designed for 1st & 2nd graders as an introduction to the experiences of Servant Camp. Ponies come to camp 3 afternoons from 1:00-4:45, Tuesday, August 7th- Thursday, August 9th. They spend their time swimming, playing games, doing crafts, singing camp songs, and making new friends. They always enjoy the scavenger hunt and tour of Servant Camp. An experienced Servant Camp staff person assisted by the Junior Staff will lead the Ponies.
3rd-7th Graders Activities
In addition to the above activities for our campers we have:
- Handarts with woodburning, leatherwork, painting and more
- Outdoor cooking over a fire to make yummy treats
- Fun games on the fields
- 6th graders: Bike trip on the Cannon Valley Trail
- 7th graders: High Ropes course at YMCA’s Camp Ihduhapi
8th & 9th Grade
These campers experience a retreat format in the morning filled with praise & worship and inspiring sharings from a new guest speaker each day. Afternoons provide opportunities to try things including:
- Tie Dyeing
- Ice cream making
- String Art
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Exploding Sidewalk
- Flag Football
- Frisbee Golf
- Recycled Jewelry
- Swing Dance
… and so much more! After the lights go down for the younger campers, the 8th and older crowds enjoy our ever popular coffee house under the big tent.
10th Grade Campers
The last year of being a camper is the best! Everyday is something different! Challenging activities include: kayaking in Lake City and float tubing on the Cannon River. The 10th grade campers also enjoy relaxing activities such as bbq’s, swimming and hanging out with friends. Along with the 8th & 9th graders, their day begins with praise & worship and a guest speaker every day. After the lights go down for the younger campers, the 8thk-12th graders enjoy our ever popular coffee house under the big tent!
The goals of Servant Camp
- To grow in friendship with Jesus Christ
- To make new friends
- To have fun experiencing new activities
Things you will enjoy at Servant Camp
- polar bear dips
- all-camp games
- theme lunches
- climbing tower
- sitting around a campfire
- archery, riflery, handarts
- skits, carnivals, bingo nights
- inspirational talks